April 2016 Rewind
Every month we round up the best new technology, killer design, and upcoming events in SPROUT’S Monthly Rewind.
- Shinola: This Detroit based watch company combines inspired design with a well spun backstory for a marketing slam-dunk.
- Access Pack: The North Face prioritizes organization and ease of access in the new Access Pack.
- Hoverbike: The internet’s favorite mad scientist is back at it, this time building a functioning “Hover bike”.
- Alien Stompers: Reebok gets all the detail right in the limited edition Alien Stomper Sneaker. (You won’t even want to throw away the box.)
- 3D-Printed Shoes: 3D Printing is everywhere, so why not shoes? New Balance announces the release of the first high performance running shoe with a 3D-printed midsole.
- Audi Longboard: In Audi’s new concept, the vehicle itself doesn’t really matter. What’s interesting is what’s inside of it: a beautiful electric longboard that automatically charges when it’s stowed inside the rear bumper.
- Sketchy Bikes: Drawing a bicycle from memory is harder than it looks. Take a look at some of these crazy sketches made real by artist Gianluca Gimini.
- Dyson Hairdryer: Four years and 1,010 miles of hair after its conception, it’s ready: the British electronics company unveiled the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer.
- Sox and Shoes: New Balance wants you to wear your Sox on the outside with these new Fenway inspired shoes.
- Artweek: Discover local artists and get inspired at Artweek Boston. Starts April 29
- Drone Day: Take flight and get acquainted with 2016’s hottest gadget at Drone Day Boston. May 7
- HarpoonFest: The festival formerly known as Harpoon Summer Session, which was formerly known as Brewstock, is back May 20th.
- The Lawn on D: Boston’s communal outdoor venue opens for the season May 21st. Enjoy a drink, play a game of cornhole, or just lounge on the swings and enjoy the sunshine.
- SOWA: Check out the South End Open Market at its new location at the Ink Block. Opens May 21
- Boston Calling: Boston’s biggest concert is just around the corner from Sprout’s office. This year’s headliners include Sia, Disclosure, Robyn, Odesza, Sufjan Stevens, Haim, Miike Snow, Janelle Monae, and many more. May 27-29