WHAT’S UP BOSTON – SPRING 2016
With the Boston Marathon just one week away, this can only mean one thing – Spring is in the air. After a cold but less than white Winter, Bostonians are eager to shed their layers, get outside, and enjoy the warmer weather.
Whether you are an outdoorsman, an art enthusiast, or a tech geek, Spring is the season to get out of the house and discover something new. From the first pitch at Fenway to PAX East, there is ton to see and do – if you know where to look. Below is a list our studio has compiled to help find you something new.
- Boston Brew Bus: Hold onto your hats beer-lovers, because your designated driver just got a lot more fun. The Maine Brew Bus is bringing its award-winning tours of craft breweries, wineries and distilleries to Boston this Spring.
- #Techstyle at the MFA: Clothes that respond to the environment, are ingeniously constructed from recycled materials, and garments that come off a 3-D printer ready to wear are just a few of innovative fashion pieces on display at the MFA this Spring. March 16 – July 10
- Red Sox Opening Day: Whether or not you have season tickets you can still cheer on the Sox and show some local pride at one of the many sports bars surrounding Fenway. April 11
- Boston Marathon: This is the 120th year of Boston’s greatest sporting event, the Boston Marathon, which will see a field size of more than 30,000 runners this year. April 18
- PAX East: The greatest gaming convention on the Eastern Seaboard returns to Boston featuring panels, game play, tournaments, and musical performances. April 22 – 24
- New England Cannabis Convention: The only cannabis convention in New England is a must for anyone interested in the fastest growing business in America. Industry panels, live demos and over 100 exhibitors will be featured at this year’s show. April 23 & 24
- NewCo Boston: For the first time, Boston will host its own version of the Festival of Innovation founded by Wired founder John Battelle. The festival’s aim is “the inspiration and cross-pollination of ideas that drive some of the most successful companies by opening their doors and exposing others to the creative process”. April 26
- Art Week: Dedicated to curated events and artistic experiences throughout the Boston area, Art Week features over 100 unique, unexpected, and creative exhibits. April 29- May 8
- Whitewater Rafting: Feed your inner daredevil and your inner carnivore at Dead River’s 16-mile long whitewater rafting trip and pig roast. May 2
- Together Boston: This week-long series of discussions, demonstrations, installations, screenings and performances blends art, technology, and music. May 15-22
- HarpoonFest: The festival formerly known as Harpoon Summer Session, which was formerly known as Brewstock, is a celebration of local beer, local music, and summer weather. May 20
- The Lawn on D: Boston’s communal outdoor venue opens for the season May 21st. Enjoy a drink, play a game of cornhole, or just lounge on the swings and enjoy the sunshine. May 21 – [end of fall?]
- Boston Calling: Boston’s biggest concert is just around the corner from Sprout’s office. This year’s headliners include Sia, Disclosure, Robyn, Odesza, Sufjan Stevens, Haim, Miike Snow, Janelle Monae, and many more. May 27-29
- Boston TechJam: Part block party, part tech showcase, Techjam is a whole new way to “geek out”. Networking, live music, food trucks, art, and a whole lot of technology are just some of the things to look forward to [word choice?]. June 16
- New Restaurants: From crepe cakes in Back Bay to wood-fired pizza in Brookline, barbecue in Kendall Square to gator in Somerville, here’s what’s slated to open in Spring 2016.
- Create: This one-day event challenges chefs to create dishes that are based on the subject matter of the featured artists, resulting in a truly tasty and innovative experience. June 2016
- The Bacon and Beer Festival: Bacon, Beer, and Boston – this festival highlights notable local restaurants and craft breweries in cities across the US. It is hailed as “explosively popular” and “a bacon bacchanalia”. June 20
- Food Trucks on the Greenway: Food truck season is upon us, Boston. This April the Greenway will be home to 10 new vendors, all offering cuisine from bacon delicacies to burgers, wood-fired pizzas and gourmet cupcakes.