WHAT’S UP BOSTON // SUMMER 2018
The sun is shining, the flowers are fully bloomed, and folks are out enjoying free time on porches, in parks, and under that blue sky all over town.
Here are some of our favorite events coming up this summer:
- Downeast Cider Greenway Drinkery: Five nights a week, head to Downeast’s “Back Porch” in Dewey Park to try cider and local brews. Not into cider, but like a good local pint? Check out other Boston-area breweries hosting beer gardens all summer. June-August
- Jimmy Fund Scooper Bowl: Eat ice cream for a good cause; indulge your sweet tooth to help fight cancer at the Boston City Hall Plaza. June 5-7
- Fourth of July Fireworks: Head to Memorial Drive to watch the annual 4th of July fireworks, soundtracked by Boston POPS. July 4
- Somerville Arts Festival: ArtBeat is one of the area’s largest and most innovative arts festivals, with over a dozen bands, dance troupes, 75 craft vendors, food, and all-age activities. July 15
- World Naked Bike Ride: *Nudity not required.* Ride to highlight environmental concerns, bike safety, body positivity, or just to have a good time. July 21
- Cheer on the Red Sox: There’s nothing better than a game at Fenway during the summer.
- Catch a concert at Fenway: Starting in June, you can enjoy live music like Zac Brown Band, Foo Fighters, Jimmy Buffett, and more. June-August