What’s up Boston // Winter 2017
While some people head south during the winter, we think it’s one of the best times to be in Boston and New England in general. Whether you’re heading up to the mountains for skiing or snowboarding, skating at Frog Pond, checking out the Holiday decorations at Faneuil Hall or just hunkering down inside and binge watching Black Mirror, Winter is a great time to be in Boston.
Here’s a quick list of some of the best activities to check out during the winter:
- Ice Skating on Frog Pond – Join in on the traditional winter fun with ice skating in the Boston Common.
- Ski or Snowboard New England – Make the most out of the snowy weather. The mountains have already had a ton of snow and weather experts are saying that there is even more to come.
- Hike the White Mountains – Warm up the winter chill by getting your blood pumping.
- Winter Surfing – Jordan’s personal favorite. Empty lineups and Nor’easters make for some epic winter sessions.
- The Drop Kick Murphys – Be there to watch this Boston band kick off St. Patrick’s Day in style. Their annual concert is bound to be amazing.
- Polar Plunge for the Special Olympics – If you’re feeling especially brave, you can join hundreds of other people and run into the freezing ocean for a good cause. Learn more here.
Cover photo by Madeline Bilis