WHAT’S UP WITH BOSTON // Fall 2016
Today marks the first official day of Fall! Although that means that summer is over, there is plenty of fun things to look forward to with the start of the new season.
Fall in New England can be a magical time, the leaves changing with their vibrant colors, excuses to eat apple pie, and sweater weather are just some of the things we look forward too. Not to mention the apple cider (Woodchuck of course), the pumpkins, playoff baseball, and the Pats. What more could you want?
- Fluff Festival: On Saturday, September 24th, head over to Union Square in Somerville to celebrate the invention of Fluff, invented right in Union Square in 1917!
- Grain Surfboard’s 6 Annual Surf Re-Evolution: On, Saturday, September 24th, join the people over at Grain Surfboards for a fun night of food, music, films, art, fun, and of course surfboards. The event, taking place on the Coast of Maine is family friendly, and will be a zero waste event.
- HUB Week: From September 25th to October 1st, HUB Week is a creative festival that focuses on the intersection and innovation of art, science, and technology. If you’re going, drop us a line. and technology demos. Enjoy musical performances that fuse music, art, and technology at Workbar Cambridge on September 26th from 7:00 – 10:00 PM.
- HUB Week — SMASH: A night of interactive music and technology demos. Explore musical performances that fuse music, art, and technology at Workbar Cambridge on September 26th from 7:00 to 10:00 PM.
- HUB Week — Expanding Opportunity In the Digital Age: Taking place at the MIT Media Lab on September 27th from 10 am – 12 pm, explore the impact technology has had on economic opportunity. Following with a keynote address on inclusive innovation.
- HUB Week — Celebrate Boston: September 29th from 6:00 – 9:00. Taking place at WeWork South Station, go celebrate the organizations and people doing incredible work in Boston. This event is the perfect for networking, foodies need not to worry, there’s plenty to go around.
- Harpoon Brewery October Fest: Join hundreds of Bostonians, as they toast to Octoberfest at the Harpoon Brewery in the Seaport. From Friday, September 30th to Saturday, October 1st.
- Apple Picking at Honeypot Hill: Not only do they have apple picking, but they have a hay bale maze, apple cider donuts, and hay rides. Perfect for the whole family!
- New England Patriots: Fall means football. The Patriots are back, with their first game of the season with Tom Brady on October 9th. Like every other sport, Boston takes their football very seriously.
- The Fall Foliage: Take in the best part of fall, the vibrant leaves, with a hike on the Great Blue Hill Trails. The trails, just a 20 minuet drive from Boston, are a perfect way to escape into nature for a few hours!
- Halloween in Salem: The weekend of the 29th, marks the start of Halloween in Salem. Plan a day trip, or stay the weekend. Salem’s spooky history makes it a perfect location for Halloween. Learn about local history and dress up to celebrate the holiday!