What’s up Boston // Summer 2016
Summer in Boston is amazing, provided you can figure out how to beat the heat. Here are a couple of cool summertime activities from around the Boston or New England area.
Here’s some highlights:
- Red Bull Flugtag: Red Bull Flugtag challenges the brave and brainy to design, build and pilot home-made flying machines off a 28-foot high flight deck in hopes of soaring into the wild blue yonder…or more often, plunging into the waters below.
- IDSA International Conference: From August 17th to the 20th, IDSA invades Detroit for the 2016 International Design Conference. If you’re going to be there, drop us a line.
- Harpoon BBQ Festival: BBQ and beer – what could have been better? Harpoon hosted world renowned BBQ grill masters up at the Windsor, VT location.
- SOWA Boston – Named one of the top 10 art studios or galleries by USA Today, SOWA Boston has completely revitalized the warehouse district in the South End. Check it out for fresh local food, local art and live music.
- Bostonfest: With beloved local food trucks, awesome live music, lawn games, and the best employers in attendance, BostonFest is the can’t-miss outdoor summer cheers to everything we love about this Boston.
- Yappy Hour at the Liberty Hotel: One of Sprout’s favorite after work locations, the outdoor patio at the historic Liberty Hotel. Enjoy a cocktail at The Yard while Fish&Bone provides dog treats and ‘pup-tails’ for Fido.
- Big Papi’s Last Season: David Ortiz is retiring at the end of the season, so go catch a Red Sox game and see him while you can. Root on the Sox as they aim for the playoffs!