Sprout Studios is an award-winning, Boston-based concept-to-launch design studio deeply rooted in technology and innovation. Our studio inspires creative collaboration, incubates innovative solutions, rapidly prototypes concepts, and allows our team and clients to create what’s next.
We are design do-ers with a bit of an attitude, but never an ego. We are fueled by the curiosity for what happens after what’s next. When you join the team at Sprout, you’re joining a group of people who share a passion for creative problem-solving, value collaboration, encourage a culture of candor, and respect one another and the unique skills we each have to offer.
Role Overview and Responsibilities:
As the Studio Manager / Executive Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in orchestrating the seamless operation of Sprout’s Boston studio and supporting the team, whether they work in-studio or remotely, in executing client projects. Your responsibilities encompass studio management, employee relations, and providing essential bookkeeping support. In this multifaceted role, you’ll be responsible for executing and delegating tasks, formulating and enforcing studio policies, and nurturing a productive and inviting work environment.
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with the building owner.
- Receive, scan, categorize, and upload all incoming mail to the designated portal system.
- Organize, update, and store operational documents, licenses, and permits.
- Procure software, hardware, and other resources as needed.
- Coordinate repairs, renovations, and routine maintenance, ensuring the office is clean, organized, and well-maintained.
- Coordinate with cleaning staff and ensure policies to maintaining the cafe are followed.
- Ensure adherence to security protocols and best practices by managing employee access, handling key distributions, and overseeing the security system.
- Manage desk allocations and phone systems.
- Manage budgeting and planning of studio or remote events, and space reservations for project-related work.
- Support bookkeeping processes and track studio expenses.
- Assist with the hiring process by scheduling interviews, managing offers and contracts, and coordinating onboarding, ensuring adherence to HR policies throughout.
- Support onboarding by building out the training schedule with the hiring manager, ensuring the associate has a smooth transition.
- Set up device and email accounts, and grant relevant access permissions. Regularly review and update access permissions to systems as needed.
- Maintain employee data files, ensuring documents are stored systematically in designated systems.
- Act as a point of contact for any employee concerns or queries related to the studio.
- Manage internal Sprout communications to employees and contractors.
Executive Assistant Support
- Assist the CEO and Sprout with daily administrative and personal tasks, including email and calendar management.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and accommodations for the CEO and Sprout.
- Manage expense reports and reimbursement requests.
- Oversee and manage company subscriptions and memberships.
- 1-3 years of experience in an administrative or office management role.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, and other relevant office management software, including accounting and project management systems.
- Experience with basic bookkeeping and expense management.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion, especially related to human resource tasks.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, adapting to daily needs while maintaining recurring responsibilities.