Visualization Design Intern
Sprout Studios is an award-winning, Boston-based concept-to-launch design studio deeply rooted in technology and innovation. Our studio inspires creative collaboration, incubates innovative solutions, rapidly prototypes concepts, and allows our team and clients to create what’s next.
We are design do-ers with a bit of an attitude, but never an ego. We are fueled by the curiosity for what happens after what’s next. When you join the team at Sprout, you’re joining a group of people who share a passion for creative problem-solving, value collaboration, encourage a culture of candor, and respect one another and the unique skills we each have to offer.
Role Overview & Responsibilities:
Our visualization team is looking for the next rock-star design intern to join our team. We’re looking to push the boundaries of 3D rendering and visualization, and looking for you to join us in making that happen.
Your day-to-do responsibilities will range from 3D modeling, rendering, concepting, storyboarding and animating to material configurations, lighting compositions, and digital environment/studio set-ups. Projects will vary often, from large group projects working as a team to individual projects you’ll be completing yourself under the supervision of a senior designer. Most of our work is done through KeyShot, Cinema4D, and Blender, however we are open to additional software being used if it suits the project. Sprout is a fast-paced environment and we would like someone who is outgoing and outspoken to join our team.
- Previous experience is a plus (work/internships are helpful)
- Pursuing a degree in 3D Animation/Visualization, Industrial Design, or other 3D design-related field
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of talents – 3D rendering, animation, storyboarding, etc
- Ability to think creatively regarding compositions and layouts
- Self-managing, motivated, and entrepreneurial in nature
- Team player, with a strong ability to speak up
- Understanding of global trends, technology, and lifestyle
- Strong storytelling skills both verbally and visually
- Strong ability to communicate compositions
- Skilled in Adobe Suite for use in layouts, post-editing, and other fundamentals
- 3D software – KeyShot, Blender, Cinema 4D
- BONUS – Unreal, Unity, Substance Painter